These things, and anything else the public shows up to talk about, maybe it will prompt them to say something.
September 2, 2014 Common Council Meeting
Proposed Consent Agenda Exclusions
Please note that exclusions on this listing may change at the meeting.
Items may be added or taken off the list when the consent agenda is presented.
Agenda Items #5 through #19 are PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
The following items are extra-majority items to be included on the consent agenda with request for unanimous vote:
43. Legislative File No. 35066 SUBSTITUTE – Amending the 2014 adopted capital budget to authorize $2 million in general obligation borrowing to fund projects supported from the Special Assessment Fund. (Report of BOE – 15 votes required)
Agenda Item part of the Consent Agenda but with Additional Recommendation as noted:
42. Legislative File No. 35050 – Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute a loan agreement with Mirus Partners, Inc., or an affiliate LLC, for up to $1,300,000 of City-administered funds for the acquisition and rehabilitation of the Woodland Terrace Apartments. (Report of BOE – Ald. Anita Weier, D. 18 – REQUEST ADOPTION OF SUBSTITUTE RESOLUTION)
93. Legislative File No. 34903 – Appeal of Plan Commission Decision on Conditional Use (Legistar #34335) regarding 706 Williamson St. (Items Referred to This Meeting – RE-REFERRAL TO 9/16/14 COMMON COUNCIL MEETING AT REQUEST OF CITY ATTORNEY)
Agenda Items requested by alders to be placed on EXCLUSION LIST
24. Legislative File No. 35381 – Amending Substitute Resolution RES-14-00161 to extend the date by which staff is to report to the Common Council regarding negotiations with JDS Development, LLC on the Judge Doyle Square Project. (Business by the President – Ald. David Ahrens)
40. Legislative File No. 35045 – SUBSTITUTE Accepting the Madison Local Food Committee’s recommendation on the preferred and alternative locations for the Madison Public Market District, directing Office of Real Estate Services staff to begin negotiations for the lease or purchase of private property at these locations, and directing Economic Development Division staff to conclude Phase Three of the Madison Public Market District Business Plan contract with the Project for Public Spaces consulting team. (Report of BOE – Ald. John Strasser, D. 14 – Request Referral to Economic Development Committee)
41. Legislative File No. 35048 – Authorizing the City of Madison to move certain groups of employees into the 90/10 co-insurance plan. (Report of BOE – Ald. Chris Schmidt, Council President)
94. Legislative File No. 34536 – Authorizing the execution of a Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Madison and Wingh-Kai Anthony Cheung for the City’s acquisition of a commercial property located at 1233 McKenna Boulevard for a neighborhood center and an amendment to the 2014 Capital Budget to fund the acquisition. (Items Referred to This Meeting – Ald. Anita Weier, D. 18 – 15 Votes Required)
Introductions from the Floor for Referral
Legislative File No. 35356 – Creating Section 28.022 — 00146 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 115 South Hamilton Street and 25 West Main Street, 4th Aldermanic District, from DC (Downtown Core) District to PD (Planned Development) District and approving a General Development Plan and Specific Implementation Plan to construct an addition to an existing office building at 25 W. Main Street. (Ald. Mike Verveer, D. 4)
– Refer to: Plan Commission Public Hearing
Legislative File No. 35359 – Creating Section 28.022 — 00147 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 126 South Carroll Street, 4th Aldermanic District, from DC (Downtown Core) District to PD (Planned Development) District and approving a General Development Plan and Specific Implementation Plan to demolish a parking ramp to construct a mixed-use building with 7,500 square feet of commercial space, 96 apartments and 550 underground parking stalls. (Ald. Mike Verveer, D. 4)
– Refer to: Plan Commission Public Hearing
Also, this from the Marquette Neighborhood listserve from Peter Wolff regarding the appeal on 706 Williamson
folks – the appeal hearing has been postponed until the next city council meeting in 2 weeks. this morning the city attorney made a judgement that the hearing had been improperly noticed and therefore could not be held at tonight’s meeting.
i hope this last minute announcement does not cause any wasted trips to tonight’s meeting, and that the delay will allow more of you to attend the hearing in two weeks. i will send out a reminder as well as any updates. in the meantime if you have any questions, comments or suggestions please send them to me at email@example.com.
Categories: | Media