Here’s about 75 – 80% of the meetings that will take place this week, stay tuned for multiple changes.
Monday, July 14, 2014
12:00 PM MADISON IN MOTION – SUSTAINABLE MADISON TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE 330 W Mifflin St
- THIS CORRESPONDENCE WILL SERVE AS NOTICE THAT A QUORUM OF THE TMP OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MAY BE PRESENT AT A WEEK-LONG TMP PUBLIC WORKSHOP (Monday, July 14, 12:00 noon through Thursday, July 17, 4:00 p.m., at the Madison Senior Center, 330 West Mifflin Street, Madison, WI); NO OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE BUSINESS WILL BE CONDUCTED AT THIS MEETING
3:00 PM ALLIED AREA TASK FORCE – NOTICE OF POSSIBLE QUORUM 2313 ALLIED DR
- Discussion with Mayor regarding safety and security issues in the Allied area
4:30 PM COMMISSION ON PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ACCESSIBLE TAXI WORKING GROUP ROOM 523 CCB
- Discussion: June Listening Session
- Discussion: Scheduling Future Listening Sessions
4:45 PM LANDMARKS COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
- 1344 East Washington Avenue – Alteration to a designated Madison Landmark for Pasqual’s outdoor deck.
- 1013-1015 Mound Street - Longfellow Scholl re-use and signage.
- 740 Jenifer/741 Williamson Streets – New construction of residential building in Third Lake Ridge Historic District.
5:15 PM MADISON BOARD OF POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS ROOM GR22 CCB
- May include just about anything and everything and will go into closed session if you’re there and there is something of interest to you.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
12:15 PM BUILDING CODE, FIRE CODE, CONVEYANCE CODE AND LICENSING APPEALS BOARD ROOM LL-110
- 1949 E. Main Street - Patricia Brown appealing SPS 321.08. The rule requires walls within 3 feet of a property line be 3/4 hour walls with 20 minute doors and windows. The Variance requested is to allow a second floor porch addition conforming to the existing setback of the building. The owner is offering to drywall the outside.
- 155 E. Wilson Street, Unit 102 Andrew Sather appealing IBC 1208.2 – Minimum Ceiling Height. The rule requires occupiable space to have a ceiling height of 7′ 6″. The Variance requested is to allow ceiling height of 6′ 9″ at the mezzanine. The mezzanine is poured in place concrete and cannot be changed. The Fire Department has no comment.
- Amending Sections 34.105(14), creating Sec. 34.105(16), renumbering Secs. 34.105(16) and (17) to (17) and (18), amending Sec. 34.5601, repealing and recreating Sec. 34.5608, and amending Secs. 1.08(3) and (4) of the Madison
General Ordinances to make a more extensive firework permitting process.
4:00 PM OLBRICH BOTANICAL SOCIETY 3300 ATWOOD AVE., OLBRICH BOTANICAL GARDENS MEETING ROOM
- Meet Olbrich’s Interns
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ROOM 108 CCB
- Updates and reports
- Discuss reinstating the Disabled Parking Enforcement Assistance Council.
- Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
5:30 PM COMMISSION ON PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES EMPLOYMENT ISSUES WORKING GROUP ROOM 523 CCB
- Discussion: Briefing on 14-C Changes
- Presentation: Melissa Gombar, Affirmative Action Specialist, Red Flag Hiring Process
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
- Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement as to sales tax liability with Overture Center Foundation, Inc.
- Amending the 2014 Department of Planning & Community & Economic Development Capital Budget by $10,000 for completion of a Southside Grocery Store Feasibility Study.
- Authorizing the City’s Intervention in Madison Gas & Electric’s 2014 Rate Case Before the Public Service Commission, Authorizing the City to Enter Into a Contract With a Consultant to Assist the City in its Intervention, and Making an Appropriation of $60,000 from the Contingent Reserve for the Consulting Contract.
- Establishing the City of Madison Racial Equity and Social Justice Initiative.
- Approving plans and specifications and authorizing the Board of Public Works to advertise and receive bids for Madison Water Utility Lakeview Reservoir Reconstruction (18th AD).
- Approving plans and specifications and authorizing the Board of Public Works to advertise and receive bids for Madison Water Utility Lakeview Reservoir Pipeline Improvements (18th AD).
- Accepting the Downtown Public Restrooms Staff Report on the construction and maintenance costs and placement strategies for public restrooms.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
8:30 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS SCHEDULE 8 ROOM 101 CCB
- Lowering assessments, and therefore taxes in 5 cases – in one case by $1M
12:00 PM PERSONNEL BOARD ROOM 525 CCB
- Shuffling various city positions in city channel, sewer and traffic engineering
1:30 PM BOARD OF REVIEW ROOM 108 CCB
- 12 challenges to assessments, mostly from one landlord
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS ROOM 108 CCB
- mostly routine stuff
- $115,000 in change orders
- Approving Plans and Specifications, and authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into an agreement with Balfour Beatty Rail, Inc. to install the necessary improvements pursuant to CFR Parts 222 and 229 to create Quiet Zones in the City of Madison. $650,000
5:30 PM ALCOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE ROOM 201 CCB
- Wiggie’s asking to remove license restrictions
- Echo asking to change closing time restrictions
- Class A Zoning Regulations Discussion
- Point/Disciplinary hearings for Roast Public House, Hawk’s and Osaka House
6:00 PM YAHARA RIVER CORRIDOR PUBLIC MEETING 1414 E. JOHNSON ST., JOHN WALL FAMILY PAVILION IN TENNEY PARK
- Results of March 12, 2014 Public Meeting
- Discussion of Alternative Design Concepts
Thursday, July 17, 2014
8:00 AM COMMISSION OF THE MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT 1610 MOORLAND RD.
- no link to agenda
4:00 PM MONONA TERRACE COMMUNITY AND CONVENTION CENTER BOARD ONE JOHN NOLEN DR., ROOFTOP EAST CIRCLE. RAIN LOCATION: LECTURE HALL, LEVEL 4
- Conversation with Mayor Soglin
- Reports and updates
4:30 PM LANDLORD AND TENANT ISSUES COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM LL-110 MMB
5:30 PM DOWNTOWN COORDINATING COMMITTEE ROOM 108 CCB
- Discussion of State Street Mall/Capitol Concourse service area boundaries and schedule for calculating Mall Maintenance Special Charges
Categories: | Media