I’m seriously debating continuing doing this since it seems so misleading given the meetings they add throughout the week. Sorry I missed the 5 meetings yesterday. 6 of the 13 meetings this week start before 5pm.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
4:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE ROOM 108 CCB
– Employee Relations Committee and Grievance and Arbitration Procedure
– Equity Report – hiring data person
– Accepting the Downtown Public Restrooms Staff Report on the construction and maintenance costs and placement strategies for public restrooms.
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
SEE BELOW – a new form of lazy blogger
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
8:30 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS – SCHEDULE 6 ROOM 101 CCB
– Many objections to assessments
5:30 PM MADISON FOOD POLICY COUNCIL ROOMS 301 AND 302
– Lots of reports, discussion of 2015 budget (no link) and hiring a facilitator.
6:30 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD 119 E. OLIN AVE., ROOMS A & B
– Resolution TPB No. 90 Approving Amendment #5 to the 2014-2018 Transportation Improvement Program for the Madison Area & Dane County
– – USH 51/Stoughton Rd. (Cottage Grove Rd. – SB Bridge), Bridge Replacement [Cost/funding revisions, Const. in 2014]
– – McCoy Road (OCR Rail-Highway Crossing), Replace Signals and Gates [NEW, Const. in 2014-‘15]
– – CTH AB (Yahara River Bridge), Bridge Replacement [Revise cost/funding & schedule, Const. in 2017]
– – Haight Farm Rd. (Bridge over Swan Creek), Bridge Replacement [Revise cost/funding & schedule, Const. in 2014]
– – E. Dyreson Rd. (Bridge over Yahara River), Bridge Replacement [Revise cost/funding, Const. in 2015]
– – CTH PB (Badger Mill Creek Bridges), Replacement of Bridges [Add second bridge, Revise cost/funding, Const. in 2016]
– Review of Draft Scoring and Priority Listing of Candidate Projects for STP Urban Funding for 2015-2019
– Review of WisDOT STP Urban Program Policy Guidance and Responses to MPO and WisDOT SW Region Questions
– Revision to MPO Operating Rules and Procedures to Address New MAP-21 Requirement of Representation by Providers of Public Transportation in MPOs Serving a Transportation Management Area
Thursday, July 3, 2014
1:30 PM MADISON CENTRAL BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (BID) BOARD OF DIRECTORS 122 W WASHINGTON AVE
– Alcohol Business Location Guide (DRAFT) – no link
– Lots of reports
5:00 PM AD HOC LANDMARKS ORDINANCE REVIEW COMMITTEE ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Ad Hoc Landmarks Ordinance Review Committee Materials
– Repealing and recreating Section 33.19 of the Madison General Ordinances to update the Landmarks Commission ordinance.
Here’s what Rummel thinks is of interest to District 6
1. 32826 SUBSTITUTE Amending various sections of Chapter 28 of the Madison General Ordinances allow Mission Houses and Daytime Shelters as principal uses of land and to add a new definition for Daytime Shelter.
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1820345&GUID=CAFD15C6-A2A5- 4789-B8C6-ED9EAF5C9C92
I have been working on this zoning text amendment with Ald Zellers, Sup Wegleitner, service providers and Planning staff. This amendment adds definitions, changes these facilities/uses to principal uses and adds a conditional use requirement to siting these facilities.
2. 33845 Creating Section 28.022 – 00128 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 504 West Main Street, 4th Aldermanic District, from DR-2 (Downtown Residential 2) District to UMX (Urban Mixed Use) District to construct a mixed-use building at 502 and 504West Main Street containing 3,200 square feet of retail space and 18 apartments.
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1820345&GUID=CAFD15C6-A2A5- 4789-B8C6-ED9EAF5C9C92This proposal would demolish a civil war era building in the Bassett neighborhood. The Plan Commission gave the developer until August to find a new location. I would like to extend the time to relocate or incorporate the building on site. Let me or Ald Verveer know firstname.lastname@example.org if you care about preserving these remnants of our past.
35. 34282 Adopting a process for disposition of property on the south side of 800 East Washington Ave.
48. 34432 Authorizing the execution of a Temporary Limited Easement Agreement for Construction and Restoration Purposes with Atwood Courtyard, LLC for an easement within a portion of the unimproved bicycle and pedestrian pathlocated at 109 South First Street.https://madison.legistar.com/
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1812317&GUID=2AF013FF-D94C- 4452-B43A-25617814AB67A sign that this project by developer Scott Lewis/CMI Management is finally moving forward.69. 34193 Amending Section 27.04(2)(k)5. of the Madison General Ordinances eliminating the fee for online filing of rental dwelling contact information. Sponsors: John Strasser and Marsha A. Rummelhttps://madison.legistar.com/ LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1800517&GUID=6CC4EA75-2082- 4366-8824-544EAA4F974F
This proposal eliminates the fee for filing contact information with the Building Inspection Division if the information is filed online, rather than filed by paper form. Additionally, effective May 4, 2016, the filing fee is increased from $5 to $10 for filing by paper form. Many residents have complained about this…Introduction of New Business for Referral Without Debate82. 34577 Repealing and recreating Section 33.19 of the Madison General Ordinances to update the Landmarks Commission ordinance. Sponsors: Marsha A. Rummel, Shiva Bidar-Sielaff and Michael E. Verveerhttps://madison.legistar.com/
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1823793&GUID=9F9A0C7F-C886- 4BA3-AC49-CC4F5908D57CReferred for Introduction: Ad Hoc Landmarks Ordinance Review Committee, Landmarks Commission
The Landmarks Commission has been working on this draft ordinance for over three years.
86. 34592 Creating Section 28.022 – 00134 and Section 28.022 – 00135 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property generally addressed as 722-734 Williamson Street, 6th Aldermanic District, from TSS (Traditional Shopping Street) District to PD(GDP)SIP (Planned Development (GeneralDevelopment Plan) Specific Implementation Plan) District to construct a mixed-use building with 5,425 square feet of commercial space, 2,375 square feet of co-working space and 209 apartments.
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1823451&GUID=F114F8A3-46AD- 4F63-AD2A-634FB1C51AC6Referred for Introduction: Plan Commission; Public Hearings: Plan Commission, Common Council.
104. 34621 A resolution supporting the Phase 1 development plans for Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
LegislationDetail.aspx?ID= 1823693&GUID=6EE7CB7A-7FF6- 4897-8730-DF198DEAE7A2Funding of $10,000,000 for the construction is included in the Parks Division’s 2017 and 2018 Capital Improvement Program (CIP), project #32. The CIP includes funding of $5,000,000 from City resources and an additional $5,000,000 from private contributions. This resolution is intended to provide an additional level of support to potential donors to ensure the fundraising campaign gets a solid start.
Community Budget Conversation
7:00 June 30, 2014
Madison Public Library – Central Branch
201 W. Mifflin St.
Budget Conversations website: http://www.cityofmadison.com/budget/
Sustainable Madison Transportation Master Plan Oversight Committee
7:00 June 30, 2014
Rm 260 Madison Municipal Building
6:30 July 1, 2014
Rm 201 City-County Building
REPORTS OF OFFICERS
REPORT OF ALOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE
Agenda item 20
Change of Agent
Naples 15 LLC • Naples 15 • 15 N Butler St
New Agent: Salvatore DiScala
Class B Combination Liquor & Beer
REPORT OF BOARD OF ESTIMATES
Agenda item 35
Adopting a process for disposition of property on the south side of 800 East Washington Ave
INTRODUCTION OF NEW BUSINESS FOR REFERRAL WITHOUT DEBATE
Agenda item 106
Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an amendment to the Mansion Hill-James Madison Park Neighborhood Small Cap TIF Program in Tax Incremental District #32 (Upper State Street) and amending Enactment No.RES-11-00042
Ad Hoc Landmarks Ordinance Review Committee
5:00 July 3, 2014
Rm LL 130 Madison Municipal Building
*Consent agenda–The consent agenda includes many agenda items that come to a vote without testimony or Council discussion. Should anyone register and wish to speak, the item would be taken off the consent agenda.
Categories: | Media