Another snoozer, I guess nothing controversial is going on in Madison.
Agenda Items #1 through #11 are PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. PUBLIC HEARING Legislative File No. 32826 SUBSTITUTE Amending various sections of Chapter 28 of the Madison General Ordinances allow Mission Houses and Daytime Shelters as principal uses of land and to add a new definition for Daytime Shelter.
SECOND SUBSTITUTE has been submitted for adoption
2. PUBLIC HEARING – Legislative File No. 33845 Creating Section 28.022 – 00128 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 504 West Main Street, 4th Aldermanic District, from DR-2 (Downtown Residential 2) District to UMX (Urban Mixed Use) District to construct a mixed-use building at 502 and 504 West Main Street containing 3,200 square feet of retail space and 18 apartments.
Clarification Note on PC Recommendation – To have the building relocated by August 30 by which time the building is either moved or the condition (to relocate the building) is lifted.
The following items are extra-majority items to be included on the consent agenda with request for unanimous vote:
41. Legislative File No. 34436 – Authorizing the Madison Police Department to apply for and accept a FY2014 COPS Hiring grant of $375,000 for the purpose of hiring three police officers for a new Community Policing Outreach Unit to reduce arrest racial disparity and improve trust and perception of fairness through procedural justice, community outreach and problem solving, especially involving youth of color. (Report of BOE – 15 votes required)
42. Legislative File No. 34437 Authorizing the Madison Police Department to apply for and accept a FY2014 COPS Community Policing Development grant of $100,000 for the purpose of enhancing community policing outreach through expanded youth programming and hiring a civilian community resources coordinator to reduce arrest racial disparity and improve trust and perception of fairness through partnerships, organizational transformation and problem solving (Report of BOE – 15 votes required)
43. Legislative File No. 34450 – Amending the 2014 Capital Budget to transfer up to $220,000 in GO borrowing proceeds from the Police Department Training Facility Project to the Midtown District Station Project. (Report of BOE – 15 votes required)
44. Legislative File No. 34458 – SUBSTITUTE Approving the provision of additional funds for the Madison Municipal Government Wanda Fullmore Madison Youth Internship Program to place an additional youth intern with each of two City agencies; amending those agencies’ 2014 operating budgets as appropriate; approving the revised funding and internship allocations between the two nonprofits implementing the program; and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to enter into any necessary contract amendments or other agreements with the designated nonprofits. (Report of BOE – 15 votes required)
Agenda Items part of the Consent Agenda but with Additional Recommendations or Notes as noted:
14. Legislative File No. 34448 – Creating Section 34.903(4) of the Madison General Ordinances to require existing buildings to have automatic fire sprinklers installed by January 1, 2025. (Ald. Chris Schmidt, Council President)
Recommended Action: PLACE ON FILE WITHOUT PREJUDICE
70. Legislative File No. 32642 – SUBSTITUTE CHARTER Creating Section 32.12(3) of the Madison General Ordinances relating to storage or disposition of personalty left by tenants. (Ald. Ledell Zellers, D. 2)
Recommended action: RE-REFER TO CITY ATTORNEY
96. Legislative File No. 34538 – Authorizing the execution of a Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Madison and AnchorBank FSB for the purchase of 48 lots and 1 outlot in the Owl’s Creek Subdivision and amending the 2014 Capital Budget to provide funding for the acquisition. (Ald. Denise DeMarb, D. 16)
Clarifying Referrals: Board of Estimates (7/28/14), Plan Commission (7/7/14)
Agenda Items requested by alders to be placed on EXCLUSION LIST
Introductions from the Floor for Referral
Legislative File No. 34565 – Authorizing the City’s Intervention in Madison Gas & Electric’s 2014 Rate Case Before the Public Service Commission, Authorizing the City to Enter Into a Contract With a Consultant to Assist the City in its Intervention, and Making an Appropriation of $60,000 from the Contingent Reserve for the Consulting Contract. (Ald. David Ahrens, D. 15)
Recommended Action: Refer to BOE
Legislative File No. 34668 – Correcting a clerical error in RES-14-00386 regarding the name of The Heibing Group, Inc. (Ald. Mike Verveer, D. 4)
Recommended Action: Refer to 7/15/14 CC meeting for adoption
Legislative File No. 34673 – Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into an agreement with Meyer Scherer & Rockcastle, Ltd. to provide professional architectural and engineering design services for the complete rehabilitation of the Madison Municipal Building (MMB) and tenant improvements at the City-County Building (CCB). (Ald. Mike Verveer, D. 4)
Recommended Action: Refer to BOE, BPW
Legislative File No. 34675 – Amending Section 4.01 of the Madison General Ordinances to correct titles and descriptions of services in the Finance Department. (Ald. Mike Verveer, D. 4)
Recommended Action: Refer to BOE
Categories: | Media