Only 3 of the 13 meetings starting after 5:00, if you work, your government doesn’t want you to participate. 5th week of the month, should be less meetings than usual . . . but who knows what else will pop up this week.
Monday, July 28, 2014
4:30 PM BOARD OF ESTIMATES ROOM 260 MMB
– Still trying to make Small Cap TIF work, more tweaks. SUBSTITUTE Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an amendment to the Mansion Hill-James Madison Park Neighborhood Small Cap TIF Program in Tax Incremental District #32 (Upper State Street) and amending Enactment No.RES-11-00042.
– New small cap TIF program for Greenbush area, that likely also won’t work so great.
– Looking for developers for (usually not all that affordable) “affordable housing”
– City contribution to keep CARPC alive
– Buying 50 lots in Owl Creek
– Changing negotiating time with Marcus Hotels for Judge Doyle Square
– Closed session on Judge Doyle Square
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION ROOM 201 CCB
– Accepting the report and recommendations of the Housing Strategy Committee – Affordable Housing Market Report.
– Several zoning code clean up items
– Reconsideration of a demolition permit and conditional use (ID 34165) to allow an existing water tower to be demolished and a new water tower to be constructed at 1202 Northport Drive in Lake View Hill Park; 18th Ald. Dist.
– Note 330 E Wilson is being referred at request of developer – from Alder Rummel – ” In an email dated 7/25, Kevin Page of Kothe Real Estate Partners requested that item be withdrawn from 7/28 PC agenda. They will be appealing a condition of approval at Zoning Board of Appeals.”
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
12:00 PM MADISON BOARD OF POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS 16 N CARROLL ST
Disciplinary Matters: deliberations following evidentiary hearing in Chrisco v. Johnson
12:00 PM SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION: REVIEW TAXI REGULATIONS & SHARED-RIDE SERVICES ROOM LL-110 MMB
Documents prepared for this Subcommittee can be found on the City website
by searching on 34194 under Legislation at the Legislative Information Center.
a. Background checks on Taxicab and TNC drivers
b. Vehicle inspection on Taxicabs and TNC vehicles
c. 24/7 Service Requirement
d. Dynamic or “surge” pricing
e. Geographic coverage in Madison
d. Major Provisions of Alder Resnick’s proposal re: TNCs
e. Major Provisions of the Mayor’s proposal re: TNCs (if available).
Note: Agenda says “Do we have anything from Resnick or Soglin yet?”
4:30 PM MADISON LOCAL FOOD COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
Public Market Discussion
– Presentation of Analysis of Possible Public Market District locations by PPS and staff
– Possible action on Public Market District site(s)
7:00 PM COMMON COUNCIL – DISCUSSION 119 E OLIN AVE
– 2015 Budget Overview – David Schmiedicke, City Finance Director
– Facilitated Common Council Discussion on 2015 Budget Priorities and Investments
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
8:30 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS ROOM 101 CCB
Reducing property values, reducing taxes
1:30 PM BOARD OF REVIEW ROOM 108 CCB
– More haggling over property values
4:30 PM ETHICS BOARD ROOM 108
– Request of Alder Mark Clear for Advisory Opinion regarding disclosures or recusals related to Alder Clear’s ownership of Clear Solutions, LLC, which consults for Accelerate Madison, Inc, (“Accelerate”) a program of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce (“Chamber”).
5:00 PM VENDING OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM 300 MMB
Thursday, July 31, 2014
8:00 AM COMMISSION OF THE MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT 1610 MOORLAND RD
– Review and Approval of Sewer Extension Plans
• Morrison Court Reconstruction, City of Madison
• Cannonball Path Phase 5, City of Madison
• High Street Reconstruction, City of Madison
• Cross Oak Drive, City of Madison
• Grandview Commons North Addition – Phase 1, City of Madison
• Aspen Grove, City of Madison
• White Oak Ridge, City of Madison
• Hawk’s Crossing and First Addition – Phases 1 & 2, City of Madison
• Locust Drive Reconstruction, Phase 2, City of Verona
– Award of Contract for Chloride Treatment Study
– STUDY SESSION: Connection Charge Rate Study Update
4:00 PM HOUSING STRATEGY COMMITTEE ROOM 313 MMB
– Directing city staff to develop an implementation plan to promote transit-oriented housing options for older adults.
– Authorizing a Request for Proposal that solicits applications for affordable rental housing projects that utilize Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
4:30 PM MADISON PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEADOWRIDGE LIBRARY, 5740 RAYMOND RD
– Approving Capital and Operating budget requests
5:00 PM LONG RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLANNING COMMITTEE ROOM LL-110 MMB
– REVIEW AND DISCUSSION OF LAW PARK VISION (MADISON DESIGN PROFESSIONALS WORKGROUP)
– – Directing city staff to develop an implementation plan to promote transit-oriented housing options for older adults.
Categories: | Media