Only 2 of 16 (12%) meetings start after 5:00. These statistics just get worse and worse and worse. I guess people who work til 5:00 are not welcome at city meetings. Or, they just want to make sure public comment is done before you get there. Lobbyists and people paid to have an interest in city government always welcome.
Monday, June 2, 2014
12:00 PM SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION: REVIEW TAXI REGULATIONS & SHARED-RIDE SERVICES ROOM LL-110 MMB
- Staff from Traffic Engineering and the City Attorney’s Office will discuss and make recommendations about the following MGO definitions: public passenger vehicle, on-demand transportation, for-hire, and pre-arranged ride.
- Required insurance for carriers.
- Documents prepared for this Subcommittee can be found on the City website by searching on 34194 under Legislation at the Legislative Information Center.
4:30 PM ALCOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE ROOM 201 CCB
- Separated Liquor Licenses (in the past these were separated by the alders, so this is interesting)
- – Edo Garden LLC • dba Osaka House – Separation requested by the Alcohol License Review Committee
- – Trixie’s Liquor Store LLC • dba Trixie’s Liquor Store – Separation requested by Police Department
- – Chardo Inc • dba Bottle Stop – Separation requested by Police Department
- – Irish Heart Enterprises LLC • dba Brass Ring Bar & Restaurant – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Curt Vaughn Brink LLC • dba The Brink Lounge – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Jackal Inc • dba High Noon Saloon – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Ana y Rojas Muñoz – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – University Sports Inc • dba Johnny O’s Restaurant & Bar – Separation requested by Central Police District
- – Joseph Vale • dba Tiki Shack – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Church Key/Food Market/The Vineyard LLC • dba The Vineyard – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Church Key/Food Market/The Vineyard LLC • dba Church Key – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Riley’s/Badger Liquor LLC • dba Badger Liquor – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Riley’s/Badger Liquor LLC • dba Riley’s Wines of the World – Separation requested by City Attorney’s Office
- – Lake Management LLC • dba BP Gas Station – Separation required by License Condition
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
4:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE ROOM 108 CCB
- Accepting the Interim Report: “Demographic Change and the City of Madison: Findings of the Common Council Legislative Agenda Work Group on Demographic Change and Recommendations for Action” and approving a plan for implementing recommendations therein.
- Renaming Section 2.01(6), creating Section 2.01(7), and renumbering Section 2.01(7) to 2.01(8) of the Madison General Ordinances to establish an automatic adjournment at 11:30 p.m. for Common Council meetings.
- Common Council Legislative Agenda – Next Steps
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
- Liquor licenses, liquor licenses, liquor licenses. (like the first 25 or so pages of the agenda)
- Other licenses
- Not much else of interest
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
8:00 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS ROOM 101 CCB
- Long list of people looking to pay less in taxes.
1:30 PM COMMISSION BOARD OF THE MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT – POSSIBLE QUORUM 22 S CARROLL ST.
- PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that there will be a special meeting of the Commission of the Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District at 10:30 a.m., on June 4, 2014. Commissioners will be gathering for a planned event at the specified time at the Struvite Harvesting Building located at 1610 Moorland Road, Madison, Wisconsin 53713. It is possible that members of and possibly a quorum of members of the Commission of the District may be in attendance at the above-stated meeting as participants; no formal action will be taken by Commission at the above-stated meeting.
4:00 PM MDC BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING 1 S. PINCKNEY ST., 6TH FL.
- Reports only, no links
Thursday, June 5, 2014
12:00 PM MADISON CENTRAL BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS 122 W WASHINGTON AVE, 1ST FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
- Potential “Parklets/Cafelets” within the public right-of-way in existing parking stalls
- Downtown Public Restroom Staff Report
- Updates and reports
1:00 PM METROPOLITAN UNIFIED FIBER NETWORK CONSORTIUM, UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATION OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEETING ROOM 525 CCB
- Discussion and possible action regarding Diggers’ Hotline agreement and GLS agreement for locates.
4:30 PM COMMISSION ON PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ACCESSIBLE TAXI SERVICE WORKING GROUP RROM 523 CCB
- Listening Session Planning
- Language for Listening Session Handouts
- Listening Session Outreach
4:30 PM MADISON PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD 201 W MIFFLIN ST., ROOM 104
5:00 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
- Establishing the City of Madison Racial Equity and Social Justice Initiative.
- Enter into an agreement with the Corporation for Supportive Housing, Inc. for planning services.
- Extra 193,964 to be given to . . .
Categories: | Media