Open for one month! Yes, it has come to this . . . one month to enter a lottery to get a chance to apply for Section 8.
How to get on Section 8:
1. Wait for years for the lottery to open
2. Enter the lottery
3. Get chosen in the lottery and apply (if you are lucky, otherwise, return to #1)
4. Hope you get accepted, appeal if you are denied, if appeal is lost, return to #1
5. Wait on the waiting list, keep your address updated or you’ll get dropped (if so, return to #1)
6. If you get picked off the waiting list, try to find housing within the 4 months or you’ll get dropped. (Hint, its near impossible, return to #1.)
The Community Development Authority (CDA) of the City of Madison will be accepting lottery entries for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. The lottery will be conducted Monday, June 2, 2014 through Wednesday, July 2, 2014. Lottery forms and instructions will soon be available on our website at http://www.cityofmadison.com/housing , any Madison Public Library and many social service agencies. Please visit our website for a complete list of social service agency locations. The CDA will not accept faxed lottery entries. WE ENCOURAGE ON-LINE ENTRIES FOR THIS LOTTERY.
This is a lottery for a chance to apply for the Section 8 HCV Program. Selected entries will receive an application form for the Section 8 HCV Program. Complete applications will be placed on the Wait List and will be ranked by return date. Applications from elderly or disabled households and households with minor children will be ranked ahead of non-disabled, non-elderly adults. Households living or working in the City of Madison will receive priority over non-residents. Applications already on file will remain active on the Wait List. Entries not selected in the drawing will also be notified by mail.
In order to enter the lottery you must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen or an eligible immigrant. Only 1 (one) lottery entry per household.
If you have additional questions regarding the lottery, you may contact Lisa Daniels at (608)267-8709 or Vicky Kutz at (608)261-4227.
Categories: | Media