Sure to be missing 6 – 10 meetings.
Monday, December 16, 2013
4:00 PM ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW BOARD ROOM LL-120 MMB
- Appeal to Administrative Review Board: Brandi & David Branchfield – Appeal of Snow/Ice Removal Charges.
– likely to go into closed session
4:00 PM JUDGE DOYLE SQUARE COMMITTEE 1 JOHN NOLEN DRIVE, BALLROOM C
- Questions and Answers with JDS Development, Inc. and Journeyman Group regarding their Respective Comments on the City Staff Team Analysis
- Committee Deliberation on Judge Doyle Square Developer Selection
- Judge Doyle Square Staff Team Report
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS 1600 EMIL STREET
- Assessment areas that might affect you
- $137,000 in change orders
4:30 PM CITY-COUNTY LIAISON COMMITTEE ROOM 351 CCB
- Joint meeting with Dane County Homeless Issues Committee
- Behavior and Trespassing Policy for the City-County Building Policies & Operating Rules: * Review of Suggested Changes to the CCB Policy – *Homeless Issues Committee Recommendations to the City-County Liaison Committee – * Action by the City-County Liaision Committee
4:30 PM COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT ROOM 103A CCB
- Energy benchmarking requirements for certain types of buildings in the City of Madison with tickets/fines for noncompliance
- Discussion of a possible sentinel species for Madison area lakes
4:30 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
- Development of a Bicycle Reimbursement Program for City Employees that could be a model for other employers.
- Green TIF Districts – Developing a report on what green features could be included in the City’s TIF Districts
- Grow Solar Wisconsin Presentation on the pilot “Solar Bulk Purchasing Program” and the need for a Solar Loan Reserve Fund
- The Sustainable Futures Analysis Budget Workbook – Presentation by Susan Thering, Ph.D, Executive Director of the Design Coalition Institute.
- Third Party Ownership of Solar – A Pilot Project
5:15 PM ADA TRANSIT SUBCOMMITTEE TO THE TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (Cancelled) ROOM LL-130 MMB
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION ROOM 201 CCB
- Amending Sections 28.142(9) and (11), Section 28.151 and Section 28.211 of the Madison General Ordinances to create a definition for “screening fence” and “screening hedge” and amend related rules.
- Amending 28.097(4) of the Madison General Ordinances to create an exception for the maximum height rule in Campus-Institutional (CI) districts.
- Amending Section 28.084(3) of the Madison General Ordinances to reduce the usable open space in the Traditional Employment (TE) district from 160 sq. ft./unit to 20 sq. ft./ bedroom.
- Amending Sections 28.032, 28.061, 28.072, 28.082, 28.091, and 28.151 of the Madison General Ordinances to amend zoning regulations for Family Day Care Homes.
- 4 items for Royster Clark – including three apartment buildings
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
10:00 AM MADISON ARTS COMMISSION GRANTS STANDING COMMITTEE ROOM LL-130 MMB
- Continue Review of Current MAC Grant Policies: applications, guidelines, ranking criteria, panel review. Refine evaluation criteria & scoring
- Draft recommended revisions for the Madison Arts Commission to consider adopting
12:15 PM BUILDING CODE, FIRE CODE, CONVEYANCE CODE AND LICENSING APPEALS BOARD ROOM LL-110 MMB
- Amending Sections 34.503(2) and (4) of the Madison General Ordinances to provide more flexibility for new development while maintaining safety and substantially complying with the International Fire Code.
- Repealing and recreating Section 19.09 of the Madison General Ordinances relating to license requirements for electricians and electrical contractors.
- Renumbering Section 34.907(1)(d) to Section 45.07(8) and renumbering Sections 34.907(1)(e) and (f) to (d) and (e) of the Madison General Ordinances to eliminate the requirement that landlords are to furnish fire education to new
- Amending Sections 34.308 and creating 34.105(14)(c) of the Madison General Ordinances to regulate fire performance art.
4:00 PM HOUSING STRATEGY COMMITTEE ROOM 313 MMB
- Housing Report – Homelessness – Draft for Discussion
- Housing Report – Affordable Rental – Draft (link broken)
4:00 PM OLBRICH BOTANICAL SOCIETY BOARD OF DIRECTORS 3330 ATWOOD AVE
- All reports
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ROOM 108 CCB – Representative from Madison Police Department to speak on concern about a space reserved for people with disabilities being used for short term loading at an east side shopping center. Discuss layout of parking spaces reserved for persons with disabilities in shopping center.
- PCFPWD members to submit drafts of narrative for Public Service Announcement for persons with disabilities.
- Discuss incorrect disabled parking signage and outdated signs on private property.
- Discuss where disabled spaces are located.
- Discuss concerns about variations in signing requirements for disabled parking throughout the United States, whether between states or between jurisdictions.
- Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
5:30 PM TIF POLICY REIVEW AD HOC COMMITTEE ROOM LL-110 MMB
- DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ON DRAFT TIF UNDERWRITING POLICY AND DRAFT TIF GOALS, OBJECTIVES AND PROCESS DOCUMENTS
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
10:35 AM MINORITY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE (MAC) ROOM LL-120 MMB
- Annual Black History Program/Art Connections
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
- Construction of a 3,000 Square Foot Recirculating Splash Pad for Elver Park
- 901 East Washington Avenue – New Construction of a 5-Story Addition to the Klueter Grocery Warehouse and Parking Facilities in UDD No. 8.
- 722 Williamson Street – PD for Construction of a New Mixed-Use Development Containing 220 Apartments, 6,000 Square Feet of Commercial Space.
5:00 PM ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
- Creating Section 29.047 of the Madison General Ordinances to create an energy benchmarking requirements for certain types of buildings in the City of Madison and amending Sections 1.08(3)(a) and (4) to establish a bail deposit for violation of this requirement that is enforceable by the City Engineer.
- Discussion of City of Madison Protected Classes – Unemployment
- Neighborhood Plans
- Judge Doyle Square Update
- Economic Development Strategy
- Local Food Committee Update
Thursday, December 19, 2013
4:00 PM MONONA TERRACE COMMUNITY AND CONVENTION CENTER BOARD (Cancelled) 1 JOHN NOLEN DR
4:30 PM ETHICS BOARD ROOOM 313 MMB
- Satya Rhodes-Conway Email Regarding Post-Employment/Appointment Restrictions MGO Sec. 3.35(5)(i)&(j). Dated April 3, 2013
- Amending Sections 3.35(5)(i)1., 2., 3., and 4. of the Madison General Ordinances to clarify the 12-month prohibition on lobbying by former public officials.
- Confirming and Ratifying Certain City Official and Employee Appointments to Outside Boards and Committees and Directing An Annual Update of Such Appointments
4:30 PM LANDLORD AND TENANT ISSUES COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
- Discussion on Educating the Public About Preventing Bed Bug Infestations in Rental Housing
- Review of new State Laws regarding Landlord/Tenant Issues
5:30 PM ALLIED AREA TASK FORCE 2096 RED ARROW TRAIL, DANE COUNTY PARENT COUNCIL INC. BOARD ROOM
5:30 PM DOWNTOWN COORDINATING COMMITEE ROOM 108 CCB
- Report of Mall Maintenance, Special Events for December 2013 andAnticipated 2014 Calendar of Street Use Events
- State Street Report and Updates
- Downtown Coordinating Committee Priorities for 2014
5:30 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE SENIOR CENTER, 330 W MIFFLIN ST
- Public Workshop
The City of Madison is starting its Sustainable Madison Transportation Master Plan in order to plan for the future of transportation in Madison. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of the planning process from the very beginning.
The purpose of the public workshop is to:
• Hold an interactive mapping activity so you can map and describe your concerns and ideas about all transportation modes in all parts of Madison
• Provide an opportunity for you to help shape the goals of the Sustainable Madison Transportation Master Plan
• Present the key transportation trends and challenges facing Madison and the greater region
The evening’s schedule:
• 6:00 p.m. – presentation on transportation trends and challenges, followed by a question and answer period
• 6:30 p.m. – interactive mapping activity and your input on the mission and goals of the Sustainable Madison Transportation Master Plan
6:30 PM UNIVERSITY HILL FARMS AD HOD STEERING COMMITTEE COVENANT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 326 S SEGO RD
- Plan Development
– Revised Vision, Goals, and Focus Area Concepts
– Urban Forest: Emerald Ash Borer Strategy and Neighborhood Actions: Marla Eddy, City Forestry and Twink McMahon, Sustainable Atwood – http://sustainableatwood.org/urbanforest/
– Open Space Connections/Improvements: Jay Wendt, Planning Division
- Public Open House – Discuss outreach strategies for the second Open House scheduled for February 6, 2014 @ Covenant Presbyterian Church, starting at 6:30 pm.
Friday, December 20, 2013
1:00 PM TIF POLICY REIVEW AD HOC COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON DRAFT TIF UNDERWRITING POLICY AND DRAFT GOALS, OBJECTIVES AND PROCESS DOCUMENTS
Categories: | Madison | Media