For several things I’m involved in, check it out!
Available Tuesdays 11 – 1? Want to help homeless people make sure they can do their laundry? I have a regular shift on Tuesdays that needs filling! The task is simple. You have people sign in, make sure they get laundry soap and put the quarters in the machines. Pretty simple. Interested, let me know!
We have a long list of things to volunteer for, and looking for people to help with Palletpalooza II noon – 5 on Saturday, September 28th. You don’t need to bring anything but if you have a hammer, gloves or a pry bar you might want to bring it. Park on the street, bring you muscles or hammering arms and show up at 4235 Argosy Court and help us out! Here’s photos from last time, we have more than 100 pallets to disassemble!
Other on-going tasks
Here’s the list of other tasks:
- Become a shop Supervisor/Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Shifts working in the shop
- Pick up pallets
- Run Errands/Transportation
- Make pallet furniture
- Find places to pick up pallets
- Inventory Management
- Help Moving Tiny Houses
- Cook Food
- Fundraising Committee
- Write Thank-yous
- Data base management
- Website/Social Media/Blogging
- Safety Coordinator
- Other _______________________
Again, let me know! I will forward it on to the volunteer coordinator.
TENANT RESOURCE CENTER
We have various tasks, but here’s a few examples:
- We need help with our weekly housing list. Mostly editing and data processing
- We are migrating our website to Nationbuilder and that will take some basic skills to get it all transferred, Experience with NationBuilder a plus.
- We have lots of rewriting of our materials to do and we need editors.
- Various other tasks around the office.
We have a training coming up on October 2 (all day) and 3 (half day). If you are interested in learning tenant and landlord laws in Madison and the rest of the state and want to help people solve their issues, let me know! We’ll teach you all you need to know!! Training will be followed by listening to other counselors doing housing counseling and then doing housing counseling with staff listening in and eventually you fly on your own, but we are just feet away when you get stuck! We are hundreds of calls behind right now and we need volunteers to help us get caught up!!!
Join board members in evaluating TRC’s technology needs and making recommendations to automate and simply our activities, help us work smarter not harder!
Categories: | Dane | Madison | Media | Wisconsin