An unusual number of cancellations noted on the weekly schedule . . . The reason it was late was my phone died and when I plugged it in I forgot to turn it on so my alarms didn’t go off this morning so I over slept and had meetings this morning. Lucking it will be a 12 hour work day on Wednesday (seminar in Appleton) and I’m working on Sunday for the board retreat for at least 6 hours . . . and, they added 4 meetings this morning, so at least it will be closer to accurate! Except I didn’t have any time to blog at work either . . . sigh.
Monday, September 23, 2013
10:00 AM DEFERRED COMPENSATION COMMITTEE ROOM 406 CCB
- Request for emergency withdrawal 2013-11
11:00 AM BOARD OF HEALTH FOR MADISON AND DANE COUNTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ROOM 507 CCB
- Opposing Legislation Permitting the Sale of Raw Milk Products – ACTION Item
11:30 AM MADISON BOARD OF POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS 16 N CARROLL ST
- Police Chief Appointment Process General process and calendar planning; discussion may include the preliminary development of examination and selection criteria and materials; review of draft materials and calendar.
- May be in closed session
12:00 PM TAX INCREMENTAL FINANCING REVIEW BOARD ROOM LL-110 MMB
- RESOLUTION APPROVING THE CREATION OF THE PROJECT PLAN AND BOUNDARY FOR TID #43 (PARK / DRAKE)
- RESOLUTION APPROVING THE CREATION OF THE PROJECT PLAN AND BOUNDARY FOR TID #44 (ROYSTER CLARK)
- RESOLUTION APPROVING THE USE OF THE “1/2 MILE RULE” FOR TID #43 (PARK / DRAKE)
4:30 PM BOARD OF ESTIMATES ROOM 260 MMB
You can read the recap! Sorry. It was a little over 2 hours.
5:00 PM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION COMMISSION APPEALS SUBCOMMITTEE ROOM 523 CCB
- The AAC Appeals Committee will meet to confer regarding the appeal of Custom Copper Creations, LLC relative to its
denial of certification from the WBE (Woman Owned Business Enterprise) and SBE (Small Business Enterprise) Program
^^^^^ Sadly, all these meetings were posted on Friday and happened before I finished the City Week Ahead. Sorry. Not like most working people would have been able to attend most of these meetings, but then again, perhaps that is why they schedule these meetings this way? Not the public friendly Madison I would like to see! These meetings should be posted farther in advance and scheduled when people can actually attend.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
4:00 PM GOLF SUBCOMMITTEE (Cancelled) 3330 ATWOOD AVE
4:30 PM WATER UTILITY BOARD 119 E OLIN AVE ROOMS A & B
- Revising the Water Utility Board’s Affordability Policy.
- Proposed goals for an updated Public Participation Process
5:00 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIVISION CONFERENCE COMMITTEE 330 W MIFFLIN ST
- Discuss and Make Final Recommendations on 2014 Emerging Opportunities Program Funding. (To view the Emerging Opportunities Program applications and staff reviews, please visit the CDD funding website)
5:00 PM COMMUNITY GARDENS COMMITTEE ROOM LL-110 MMB
- Sheboygan Gardens (no link)
- Parks Department Pre-approved List of Improvements at Community Gardens (no link)
5:00 PM PEDESTRIAN/BICYCLE/MOTOR VEHICLE COMMISSION ROOM 260 MMB
- OVERVIEW AND DISCUSSION OF ISSUES PERTAINING TO THE NEAR WEST SIDE NEIGHBORHOODS AND UNIVERSITY AVENUE TRANSPORTATION STUDY
- Approving the conceptual plan and geometry for the State Street 700 & 800 Blocks Reconstruction Project.
- Creating Section 12.167(2)(c) of the Madison General Ordinances to allow bicycles to be ridden within the redesigned State Street Mall, effective September 1, 2014.
5:15 PM MADISON ARTS COMMISSION ROOM 300 MMB
- Endorsing Community Projects Members of Urban Community Arts Network (UCAN) will describe their upcoming Hip Hop Event at Madison Media Institute to seek a MAC endorsement of this event
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
1:30 PM COMMITTEE ON AGING 330 W MIFFLIN ST
- Advocacy Focus for Committee: Affordable Senior Housing/Mental Health Impact on Housing Guest: Matt Wachter, City Housing Policy Staff Person
2:00 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD, TECHNICAL COORDINATING COMMITTEE FITCHBURG COMMUNITY CENTER, 5510 LACY RD
- Review and Discussion on Revised Draft of Roadway Functional Classification System Map
- Review and Recommendation on Draft 2014-2018 Transportation Improvement Program
- Review and Recommendation on Draft 2013 Coordinated Public Transit–Human Services Transportation Plan for Dane County
- Update on Metro Bus Size Study
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
- 702 North Midvale Boulevard – Demolition, Remodeling, New Construction/Significant Reconfiguration for “Hilldale Mall”
- 1414 South Park Street – New Construction in UDD No. 7, “Meriter Hospital Physical Therapy Clinic”
- 105-113 South Mills Street – Demolition and Construction of a New 4-Story, 74-Unit Apartment Complex.
- 722 Williamson Street – PD for Construction of a New Mixed-Use Development Containing 220 Apartments, 6,000 Square Feet of Commercial Space
4:45 PM JOINT WEST CAMPUS AREA COMMITTEE Room 132 WARF BLDG
- Hospital Parking Ramp Expansion Project
5:00 PM VENDING OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM 300 MMB
5:30 PM COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE 119 E OLIN AVE
- Youth Services of Southern Wisconsin Relocation-Casey Behrend
- Declaring the City of Madison’s intention to adopt an Equity Impact Model.
- Potential Reallocation of Funds Formerly Assigned to TJ’s Suppport Brokerage-Tax Service Program
6:30 PM YAHARA RIVER CORRIDOR PUBLIC MEETING 1414 E JOHNSON ST., JOHN WALL PAVILION IN TENNEY PARK
- The City of Madison’s Planning Division is hosting a meeting to discuss the planning vision for the Yahara River Corridor and environs. Seven plans in the last 19 years have made recommendations for the Yahara River Parkway and adjacent properties. The purpose of this meeting will be to review these plans and explore implementation strategies. The implementation of these recommendations will require a finer degree of planning and design. This meeting is intended to be a first step in that process.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
8:00 AM MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT 1610 MOORLAND RD
- Convene Public Hearing on Territory in the Village of Cottage Grove
- Action on Annexation Request to Add Lands in the Village of Cottage Grove
- Review and Approval of Sewer Extension Plans
• Evco Plastics Building Expansion, Village of DeForest
- Public Hearing on 2014 Proposed Budget and Discussion
- Review and Approval of Construction Phase Engineering Services – PS18 Force Main
- Review of Bids and Award of Contract: Pumping Station 18 Force Main
1:00 PM WOMEN’S ISSUES COMMITTEE ROOM 108 CCB
- No agenda linked
4:00 PM HOUSING STRATEGY COMMITTEE ROOM 313 MMB
- Accepting the September 2013 ‘Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice’ (AI) study.
- Presentation – Fair Housing Equity Assessment – CARPC
- Housing Report – Homelessness Outline
5:00 PM COMMISSION ON PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES – CANCELLED (Cancelled) ROOM 260 MMB
5:15 PM STATE STREET DESIGN PROJECT OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM LL-130 MMB
5:30 PM ALLIED AREA TASK FORCE 2096 RED ARROW TRAIL
- Habitat Units Available on Carling Drive – Presentation by Linette Rhodes
- Update on 2110/2114 Allied Drive Property – Madison Police
5:30 PM COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT PUBLIC FORUM ON 2014 RHYTHM AND BOOMS FIREWORKS EVENT 119 E OLIN AVE
Proposed 2014 Rhythm & Booms Event (no info in advance, wanna know? gotta show)
A. Presentation by Madison Fireworks, Inc.
B. Questions by Committee members of MFI or staff
C. Public Hearing (3 minutes/speaker)
D. Staff comment on speakers
E. Committee member discussion
6:00 PM WARNER PARK COMMUNITY RECREATION CENTER ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE – AMENDED 1625 NORTHPORT DR.
- All reports
7:00 PM NOTICE OF POSSIBLE QUORUM: COMMON COUNCIL – TOURIST ROOMING HOUSES LEGISLATION LISTENING SESSION ROOM 260 MMB
- Self explanatory, but no agenda. More info here.
Categories: | Madison | Media