Short week . . . three days of meetings.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
4:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE ROOM GR-22 CCB
- New staff for the common council members – Introduction of Common Council Legislative Analyst: Heather Allen
- Final Report & Recommendations: President Work Group – Development of Alder Position Description/Role
5:00 PM AFFIRMATIVE ACTION COMMISSION ROOM LL-120 MMB
- Reports with no actions
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ROOM 108 CCB
- Report by Madison Police Department representative Aileen Seymour regarding the operations of the Disabled Parking Enforcement Assistance council.
- Seymour to present status of Disabled stalls at South Madison branch library.
- Discuss the height of Disabled Parking sign on 100 W. Main St.
- Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 260 MMB
- #13 – Presentation on Update on Response to Opiate Epidemic.
- #14 – Request for Proposals (RFP) for Transportation Master Plan services and creating the Sustainable Madison Transportation Master Plan Oversight Committee.
- #15 – Wow, this report is a waste of time and space – doesn’t say how we’re doing at all.
- #17 - “Small business” getting bigger
- #19 – Appeal of Police Chief Security plan for Wiggies
- #30 Selling 800 E Washington property on the south side to Rifkin et al.
- #31 – Feasibility of using In-House Resources for the Provision of Parking Utility Security Services (more study needed is the result)
- #37 Buying Truman Olson Property on Park St.
- #38 – Selling the Collins House to Bob Klebba and David Waugh
- #40 – Police Overtime
- #83 – Authorizing bids for Truman Olson Demolition
- #91 – Finally changing local ordinances to comply with state law changes made last December removing local protections for tenants.
- #148 Capital Budget should be out today . . .
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
8:00 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS ROOM 101 CCB
- People appealing their tax assessments
10:00 AM STREET USE STAFF COMMISSION ROOM 108 CCB
- Events coming up in the city, including Halloween
12:00 PM PERSONNEL BOARD ROOM 103A CCB
- Parking Enforcement and Neighborhood Coordinator positions
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS ROOM 108 CCB
- City of Madison Solid Waste Plan: On the Road to Zero Waste
- Approving and Adopting a Policy for Interchange Assessment
- $19K in change orders
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
- Madison College Downtown Campus Culinary Education Center
- 1252 Williamson Street
- 502 South Park Street (The Ideal)
- 145 Iota Court and 619 & 625 Henry Street – demolition of 3 buildings for an 8 story building (the Mayor was once a lobbyist for this proposal – when it was 16 stories)
- 448 South Park Street
7:00 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD ROOM 354 CCB
- Public Hearing on Draft 2013-2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Madison Metropolitan Area & Dane County – Note: Action on the 2013-2017 TIP by the MPO is anticipated Wednesday, October 3 at 7:00 p.m. in Room A-B of the Madison Water Utility Building, 119 E. Olin Avenue. Written comments on the TIP are invited through Friday, September 21, and should be sent to the MPO offices at 121 S. Pinckney St., Suite 400, Madison, WI 53703 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation on Origin-Destination (O-D) Study for the Beltline Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Study
- Amendment #4 to the 2012-2016 Transportation Improvement Program for the Madison Area & Dane County
- – Interstate 39/90 (Milwaukee St. Bridge), Bridge Rehab, Deck Replacement [scope change, PE moved up to 2012]
- – STH 19 (River Rd. to I-39/90), Bridge Replacement, Widen Roadway to 4 Lanes [NEW, Const. in 2018]
- – Three RR crossing projects – Nob Hill Rd., Skyline Dr., South Towne Dr., Replace signals, gates [NEW]
- – University Avenue (Segoe Rd. to Allen Blvd.), Reconstruction [Cost and STP Urban funding increase]
- – Fish Hatchery Road (Wingra St. to Emil St.), Reconstruction [Cost and STP Urban funding increase]
Thursday, September 6, 2012
12:00 PM MADISON CENTRAL BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (BID) BOARD OF DIRECTORS 122 W WASHINGTON AVE
- Collective Community Ban – Neighborhood Officer Jeff Pharo
- Approval of 2013 BID Operating Plan for introduction to Common Council on September 18, 2012. (Plan attached to agenda)
4:30 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY ROOM LL-120 MMB
- Allied Drive Subcommittee
- Reports and Updates
- Review of Plans & Affordability (no info available)
5:00 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
- PUBLIC HEARING: The City of Madison Community Devleopment Divison and CDBG Committee invites you to provide feedback on the draft CDBG office 2013 Action Plan. The Action Plan sets specific goals for the upcoming year.
- Neighborhood Center Plan (no attachments)
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION ROOM 300 MMB
- SUBSTITUTE Amending Chapter 28 of the Madison General Ordinances revising various subsections.
- SUBSTITUTE Creating Subchapter 28E, Downtown and Urban Districts of Chapter 28 of the Madison General Ordinances to update the City’s ordinances pertaining to zoning and planning. (At this meeting the Plan Commission will review and make decisions on the substitute ordinance. The Commission intends to discuss and make decisions on one or more of the following: Memorandum: Summary of Zoning Map Issues)
Categories: | Madison | Media